Happy to say that I am officially an entrepreneur! Hifive!
I started up January 25th and am now 7 months in. Started working with tech/ecommerce type companies and morphed into fashion, entertainment, multi-media, and education! Enjoying working with creatives.
Here are some starting-your-own-company lessons thus far:
– Go for it.
– Don’t let other people say you can’t and don’t worry if people try to sabotage you. As long as you stay honest, keep your integrity, and smile, the sabotager will lose and you will win big time.
– Guess and evaluate and guess again.
– If it doesn’t feel right, cut it out of your calendar. Making sure you cut out unworthwhile stress is very valuable (in more ways than one).
– Keep it personal. I create personalized proposal for each potential project, tailoring specifically to what is needed. This helps me really take what a client is going through, conceptualize how to fix it, and lay out a detailed plan for them on how I can help.
– Hifive really do bring people together.
– Manage your pitch and manage your personal brand. Keeping consistent the way you talk about your company and yourself is vital to building relationships. It takes time to develop it, but once you got it, drop it down every chance you get!
– Smile a lot and make eye contact. Totally matters.
– HAVE FUN AND BE HAPPY!!! And hifive.